Monday, August 10, 2026

Forever Florals with Arches

Hello stamping friends!  It's back to school time here already.  I keep thinking this summer was so short and hot we really didn't do anything.  But that doesn't make any difference.  School started this past week anyway, and football season is underway.  Normally I really wouldn't care much for football.  I hate to admit it's the one sport that really never made a whole lot of sense to me.  But since my youngest grandson is playing again this year, I'm trying to figure it out.  Wish me luck in this venture!!  That said, it is time for another post sharing what I've been stamping lately.  I've been playing with the Everyday Arches dies on different projects lately.  The shape is easy to work with and can be used in different ways on my projects.  Today's card starts with the arch shape and pairs it with the Forever Florals stamps and dies to create a soft card that makes me smile.  I think anyone would be happy to receive this card in their mailbox.

The base for the card is the lovely Hydrangea Hue which is one of my all-time favorites.  A layer of the denim-looking print in the Paper Medley Designer Series Paper was cut to match.   The measurements are 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".  There needed to be a little more definition between this layer and the card base.  

A layer of 2026-2028 In Color Pearlized Specialty Paper was added.  This measures 4" x 5 1/4".  This creates a very skinny frame around the denim print that shines nicely when the light hits it just right.  It's surprising just how much this skinny layer adds to the overall design.  (If I would have been thinking ahead, I would have die-cut a smaller layer from the inside of this pearlized paper to use later on another project.)

The layers were all attached together with adhesive between them.  This keeps them flat and the rest of the card stands out more.

Next was die-cutting the Basic White arched layer.  The 5th largest Everyday Arches die was used for this.  After cutting, one of the sentiments in the Forever Florals set was stamped near the top with Hydrangea Hue ink.  I really like the four sentiments included in the set and have used them often.

The Forever Florals die set has two different sizes of just tiny flower dies.  Both sizes were used to die-cut Basic White cardstock.  Then they were used again with 2026-2028 In Color Pearlized Specialty Paper to cut several pieces.  There is also a multi-leaf stem in the die set.  This was used to die-cut 3 stems in Peaceful Pine and 2 cut from Soft Sea Foam cardstocks.  All these pieces were arranged and adhered to the bottom of the arch.

The arch was placed onto the card base, but it looked too plain.  It just needed something to break up the large amount of background.  The Lily of the Valley set has a die that makes this pretty trellis look.  It's die-cut from Basic White Thick cardstock.  After cutting, it was attached as shown flat onto the card front.  The arch was added to this using Dimensionals to hold in place.

A few of the 2026-2028 In Color Butterflies in Hydrangea Hue were scattered on the design for a little extra interest.

That's it for today's card.  Seems like I ended up pulling in bits of different sets to create this card.  Sometimes you just need something a little extra to make a design work.  Hope you give this idea a try.  This Hydrangea Hue color makes up into such pretty cards.

It's still August and Stampin'Up! still has its selected cardstock and Designer Series Paper sale going on.  Visit the store to see what is on sale.  Getting ready for Christmas card making, I just ordered several 12" x 12" Two-Tone Cardstock colors that were on sale.  Can hardly wait to get started on some of the ideas I have rolling around in this brain of mine.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. I really like this card a lot. Hydrangea Hue is also one of my favorite, if not my favorite color. The layout with the arches and the mix of layers of hydrangea go so well together. I think you better keep this card for me. Doubt anyone else would appreciate it as much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like this, Connie. Maybe I will send it to you. We'll see. ; D

      Delete
  2. Very pretty- love it! Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxanne. Thought this would be something you might like!

      Delete